Sunday, July 11, 2010

La Celeste

Uruguay, possibly the best team this world cup.
don't believe me? lets check the FIFA rankings.

Spain - 2
Netherlands - 4
Germany - 6
Uruguay - 16

can you tell which is the odd one out?

if any of you watched the Uruguay - Germany match, you can't argue that Uruguay played on par with Germany, a team thats 10 ranks higher than them.

they deserved that 3rd place spot as much as the Germans did.

but of course, the only reason Uruguay managed to go as far as they did is because of this guy.


Diego Forlan.

who is, in my opinion the best player of the tournament.
he singlehandedly took Uruguay to the the semis.
with a little help from Suarez of course.


and have you seen his goals?











you have to admit. this dude is awesome.
in my opinion, Diego Forlan is the best player in the tournament.
He deserves the Golden Ball more than anyone.

so for bringing your team to the semis, against all odds.
scaring the s*** outta me during the Netherlands match (yes, I am a dutch fan and I actually thought that we might lose thanks to him)
scoring amazing goals
almost equalizing in the 93rd min against Germany with a really really awesome free kick (that unfortunately missed the top left corner and hit the post)
and just being plain awesome

I salute you Mr. Diego Forlan
both you, and your team

Uruguay - the biggest overachievers this tournament.
Diego Forlan - the best player this tournament.

*yes, i'm ignoring that handball from Suarez, sue me*
**edit: "Suarez r teh best keeper of the tournament. Fact." - King Yang**

After a month of football fever, the last game of the 2010 FIFA World Cup is here.
it's going to be interesting, because both sides have never took home the trophy before.
But we all know that Holland will win it.

Go Oranje!

**edit: looks like I was right, Forlan won the Golden Ball, so I wasn't the only one who thought he was the best player in the tournament**

2 comments: